All Indiana Medicaid
United Healthcare | UMR | UGS
For clients interested in utilizing self pay either because you do not have insurance or we do not accept your insurance: we offer sliding scale pricing based off household income and size.
Check each provider's page to see if they have a flat rate for self-pay.
For sliding scale pricing: Fill out a self-pay quote form to know what pricing be for you.
Process of Starting Therapy Services
1. Once we receive a message regarding your interest in services, we will contact you back about payment options and scheduling requests.
2. If you have been placed on a waitlist, you will be contacted once availability opens up for one of the providers to discuss scheduling options.
3. You will then be set up in Simple Practice and sent intake paperwork by our program manager, Jen. ALL INTAKE PAPEWORK MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO FIRST SESSION.
4. If you are seeing a provider virtually, you will receive a link via our portal, Simple Practice, through your email and/or text message.
5. If you are meeting your provider in person, you will go to either our Noblesville location: 23 S 8th Street, Noblesville, IN 46060 or the Lawrence/Ft. Harrison location: 9165 Otis Ave, Lawrence, IN 46216. (You can also search Attuned Mind Counseling Services in Maps for directions.)
6. Upon arrival in person, please wait in the front lobby. No need to speak with the building manager at front desk. Your provider will come to get you at your scheduled time.
Can I Bring Someone I Trust With Me?
Of course. Natural support systems are key and often we aren't the best advocates for ourselves... one friend or family member you feel safe with is always welcome.
Where is parking?
Noblesville: there is free street parking as well as a free parking garage across the street.
Indianapolis: There is a parking lot in front of the building
How do I use the client portal?
There is a web version of Simple Practice that will have you put in your email each time to send a login link. Using the Apple or Android apps allow you to stay logged in.
What times do you offer sessions?
The times differ based on the clinician, but range is M-F from 9a-7p. This is always up to the clinician's discretion, but some of our clinicians are willing to offer weekend sessions.
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation or rescheduling needs to occur 24 hours in advance. You will be responsible for the entire fee if cancellation is less than 24 hours. This is necessary because a time commitment is made to you and is held exclusively for you. If you are late for a session, you may lose some of that session time.
Is everything REALLY confidential?
Yes-ish. Your's and other's safety is of the utmost importance. We are mandated reporters. This means that we have to report safety concerns to yourself or others. We will go over this more at the initial session.
How long does each therapy session take?
Sessions are typically 45-60 minute sessions. If you would prefer a longer session, that would need to be discussed in advance and may result in an additional cost.